The terminology known as “Karma” is actually defined as an “act” or “deed” in the ancient Sanskrit dialect of India. It is the principle of cause and effect, action and reaction, sequence and consequence. In every moment of our existence, we are continually starting ripples of “causes” under way, through each of our movements, words and even intentions which will then, in turn, create a certain “reaction” in the universe.
As a person who believes that the law of karma applies to the world that we currently live in, I’d like to share some of the best karma quotes I’ve collected so far coming from famous and not-so-famous people that existed from different eras who also believes in its existence.
I’d like to believe that quotes are compressed lessons in life that are quite powerful and thought-provoking. It is also easily remembered, internalized and also capable of changing mindsets of people and possibly influence their actions.
So without further ado, here are some of the best quotations about karma:
- “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” – Wayne Dyer
- “There’s a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone.” – Sylvester Stallone
- “There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life – happiness, freedom, and peace of mind – are always attained by giving them to someone else.” – Peyton Conway March
- “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” – Buddha
- “Your believing or not believing in karma has no effect on its existence, nor on its consequences to you. Just as a refusal to believe in the ocean would not prevent you from drowning.” – Paul Wilson
- “Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.” – Kin Hubbard
- “I’m a true believer in karma. You get what you give, whether it’s bad or good.” – Sandra Bullock
- “I never kill insects. If I see ants or spiders in the room, I pick them up and take them outside. Karma is everything.” – Holly Valance
- “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.” – Confucius
“Still others commit all sorts of evil deeds, claiming karma doesn’t exist. They erroneously maintain that since everything is empty, committing evil isn’t wrong. Such persons fall into a hell of endless darkness with no hope of release. Those who are wise hold no such conception.” – Bodhidharma
One might think that these people coming from different walks of life and time periods must have somehow experienced its existence one way or another, else, they would not have uttered those karma quotes written above. In any case, we should always do our utmost best to guide our actions with good intentions as this promotes kindness and positive energy among our fellow kind, and besides, you will never know how fast karma will hit you back.